“Personally contributing to an organization such as Communities In Schools was an easy decision. Helping kids stay in school, reducing truancy, improving achievement – I’d say that’s a good deal.”
Robert H. “Tad” Jeffrey,
Former CIS Board Chairman, The Jeffrey Company
Thank you for considering a donation
to Communities In Schools of Ohio!
Your gift can truly transform lives by connecting at-risk students with caring adults,
community resources and support systems that empower them
to stay in school and achieve in life.
- $5,000 Your gift will help fund a full-time High School Site Coordinator to provide individual student supports to at least 65 at-risk students.
- $3,000 Your gift will help fund a full-time Middle School Site Coordinator to provide individual student supports to at least 50 at-risk students.
- $2,000 Your gift will help fund a full-time Elementary School Site Coordinator to provide individual student supports to at least 40 at-risk students.
- $1,500 Your gift will fund five (5) college or career exploration field trips for 40 students/trip during the school year.
- $500 Your gift will help provide basic necessities for a homeless student struggling to stay in school.
- $100 Your gift will provide 22 daily bus passes for student transportation needs.
- $50 Your gift will provide incentive items to motivate struggling students to come to school daily.
To get the volunteer process underway, please do the following:
Take a moment to complete our Volunteer Information Form which will provide us with some information about yourself and let us know where you think your interest, background and passion would be a good fit based upon your availability.
Not all volunteers are required to complete a background check. However, volunteers who work one on one with children in the schools must have completed and passed a background check.
Through our partnership with Background Investigation Bureau (BIB), we can arrange background checks for our CIS volunteers, at a reduced price. If a background check is required for your volunteer position, we will contact you with further instructions.
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Communities In Schools of Ohio
Phone: 614.268.2472, ext. 22
Our site coordinators, inside each of the schools, are involved in additional activities throughout the year. These include working with larger groups (i.e. corporations, small businesses, volunteer organizations, etc.) to conduct career fairs, field days, holiday parties, CIS field trips, job shadowing, service learning projects, career panels, and college visits for students. Please let us know if your group can offer resources or volunteers to support these activities and we will connect you!