Position Title: Director of Budget & Strategy
Position Type: Full time, Regular, Exempt (Hybrid Schedule)
Are you passionate about working for an organization that creates an environment for students to
succeed? Do you have what it takes to lead the financial infrastructure of a growing and dynamic nonprofit organization that builds and nurtures school community relationships for the delivery of
services to students, parents, and school staff?
Then, Communities In Schools of Ohio wants YOU! We’re looking for a Director of Budget & Strategy.
Why We’ll Love You!
• You have proven experience in developing and implementing the financial infrastructure and
systems needed to sustain and support a high growth organization.
• You have demonstrated experience in building and managing effective and streamlined financial
systems, including financial forecasting, budgeting, accounting, and payroll.
• You have significant experience in non-profit accounting.
• You have demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating
efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
• You have proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting.
• You are technologically savvy with financial software such as QuickBooks and other related
software and systems.
• You have a demonstrated history of ethical conduct.
• You have excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse,
and dynamic team.
• You are flexible self-starter who can multitask while also being highly detail oriented.
• You have personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to CIS of Ohio’s mission.
Why You’ll Love Us!
• Making a difference in the lives of students since 1993, CIS of Ohio works IN schools to ensure
students have the resources they need.
• We provide non-academic assistance helping with basic needs like healthcare, nutrition or
clothing so young people are better prepared to learn.
• We work hard to help students achieve in areas including attendance, academics, behavior, and
• We provide one-on-one mentoring, instilling the confidence to succeed, the belief that
education creates opportunity, and setting the expectation for success.
• We work across the community to identify and access resources to support students, families,
• We work to ensure children have a supportive home life, increase parent-school involvement,
and help parents access the services they need.
• We help students build leadership and life skills, explore college, and career options, and
understand how their education is connected to their financial future.
• We take students on college visits and link students to career experiences and internships.
Do you have the right stuff?
• Bachelor’s degree (MA/MS/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, or Finance or related
field. CPA preferred.
• Minimum five years of professional experience, including managing the finance office of a high
growth organization with preference given to nonprofit experience.
• Significant experience in creating and driving the financial framework of an expanding
• Significant experience in non-profit accounting
• Experience with legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development.
• Experience with federal, state, and local Government grants and contracts highly preferred
Communities In Schools of Ohio is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.