Helping our Community for more than 24 years
Since 1993 CIS helps Central Ohio schools assess the needs of their youth and designs plans for meeting those needs, using existing resources. Our experienced staff joins forces with school administrators to build sustainable collaborations to benefit young people. We connect students with services in a variety of ways. In some schools, services are made available to all students and their families. In other schools, CIS connects services with particular students in need, either on a one-time basis or as part of a carefully monitored case management system.
We connect schools to the following services:
- Case Management
- Tutoring and academic support
- Mental health services and counseling
- After-school programs
- Links to food, housing, clothing, utilities
- Dropout prevention
- Leadership skills and training
- College and career readiness preparation
- Physical health education and care
- Substance abuse prevention and intervention
- Parenting education
- Delinquency and violence prevention
- Literacy training
- Pregnancy prevention
- Gang intervention and prevention
- Services for non-English speaking students
Please contact Communities In Schools of Central Ohio atfor more information about programs and services.
Communities In Schools National Impact Report
Our recent impact report found that 91% of the seniors who received targeted services from CIS graduated during the 2013-2014 school year.